DVS doesn't show changes?

Colin Putney cputney at whistler.com
Fri May 2 17:11:01 UTC 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 08:59  AM, Eric Scharff wrote:

> Recently having upgraded to 3.5, I finally wanted to start playing with
> DVS.  The fileIn and fileOut features seem to work as expected, but the
> "changes" choice doesn't seem to do anything.

[snip]

> The change features (of both CVS and DVS) are really important to me.
> Otherwise, I'm just going to continue to use change sets since browsing
> changes is so important.

No, Eric, you're not doing anything wrong. I've had the same problem.
Here's two things that might help.

First, it might be a good idea to switch to Monticello. Someday, it
will be a full-fledged versioning system for Squeak. For now, it's a
better DVS.

Second, you can still use change sorters in conjunction with Monticello
or DVS, they just don't know anything about packages.

For my own work, I use Monticello for package management, fileIn and
fileOut, CVS for versioning and change sorters for reviewing.

Hope this helps.

Colin Putney
Whistler.com