Writing to std.out from an image

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun May 4 05:16:47 UTC 2003

In past experiences:

a) Also consider say a watchdog process that look in a directory for
files, that when they appear it reads them
and compiles/executes them.

b) Could also listen on a socket then send cmds that way too.

c) write an entire debugging/visualizer that pulls the Model data of
interest from the headless image so you can
visualize what it is doing on your workstation. This becomes rather
important when you have a server image that is doing something with 500
connected users, but you don't quite know what....

d) Mmm also if you log all incoming/outgoing data the post crash
debugging becomes a lot easier, especially when it's user data or
interaction driven, but what data...

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 11:53  AM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Saturday 03 May 2003 09:09 am, Derek Brans wrote:
>> I'm trying to debug a headless image.
>>
>> Is there any way to get squeak to output things in a terminal
>> window when it's been started headlessly?
>
> Yes, get the OSProcess plugin.
>
> --
> Ned Konz
> http://bike-nomad.com