[IDEA]Central file management by .ext / mime-type.

Sean Charles bibbers at onetel.net.uk
Sun May 4 10:29:38 UTC 2003

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi sean
>
> I think that this is a good idea to have such a manager (but not in
> Utilities ;))))
> go ahead and let us see.

Eh? Moi?? Hmmm.... well I'm trying to code up a BIG web-site for the town
where I live, it's gonna be a biggy but I'm sure I can spend some time on
it.

The amazing thing about all this computer lark, is that, at the end of the
day, you *don't need* one with you to be able to still work, it's all in
the head. I have a strange (philosophical?) view on computing...in a
nutshell: I know *how* IT (digital CPU's, electrickery etc) works but *why*
  does IT work? Believe me, after years of thought, *I know* what *I mean*
but isn't that the problem with things in general?

Currently re-reading Zen and The Art of Motorcyle Maintenance for the Nth
time!

> I'm happy that the filelist simple architecture worked well and indeed
> hardcoding all these extensions has never been good.

Agreed.

I'll think some...I'll

Sean Charles.