Let's awake!

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Sun May 4 18:19:02 UTC 2003

Hi guys...

The following is an email I'm thinking to write for weeks.

To say it shortly: Squeak is dieing in front of us...

Since SqC leaves the "dictatorship" role we don't find the way to
continue.  Despite the apparent organization and procedures we had created,
simply in the last months we was not able to satisfy the expectations.

To probe my point just take a look to the amount of fixes waiting for
approval and the changes produced by MCP and KCP.

Personally, I paused my work in MCP until something happens in our
community.  I invest most of my free time in Squeak and I don't feel this
sacrifice is producing results.

>From my point of view We're trying to organize so much, and in the reality
we have pages and pages describing a process (the harvesting process) that
don't work.  The bureaucracy is killing us.  The steps to get a fix
approved are, in most of the cases, more difficult and time consumer than
the fix itself.  We have lists of people with roles (guides, harvesters,
etc) but in the reality only a few of them are active and working.

We have big problems and I don't feel the community realize of it.

Cheers,

Diego Gomez Deck

PS: I'm talking for my own and my thoughts are not the MCP-team opinions.