Let's awake!

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon May 5 10:33:31 UTC 2003

tblanchard at mac.com wrote:
> I sort of agree - there is a lot of work going on and its difficult for
> the core people to absorb it.
Right.

> My personal pet desire is to get some kind of date/time/timezone thing
> in there so you could have a couple squeaks on machines in different
> locations and still have coordinated time.  The ansi fixes on squeak
> map provide a fairly simple mechanism - I'd like to see them adopted.
> The timezone database is probably a more complete solution, but the
> current Timestamp that downloads with SqueakMap is not solution at all
> because its naive about time zones.
A review of all the different solutions by someone interested,
explaining the trade offs about adding them to the image vs. keeping
them as packages, would probably help. Note that we do have an
add-to-the-image-aversion, since we'd rather be making it smaller, not
bigger, but something might get in IF it is the simplest solution that
could possibly work, and the current solutions is really just broken
(whether most of us notice or not).

Daniel