[Q] So when will we see SqueakMap removal script?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun May 4 19:35:41 UTC 2003

(been sick and offline for a couple of days)

tblanchard at mac.com wrote:
> Yes, I understand that - but then it is not unloaded on demand - once
> you've used it to get something - you're stuck with it from then on
> unless you do some tedious manual loading of stuff from the cache
> directory.

Well, SM has actually no "loose methods" or anything. So you can wipe it
by simply wiping its classes. The complete map is kept in a class var in
the class SMSqueakMap and it has no references to the "outside" so I
think everything should simply go away clean. It does include the
TimeStamp class (and yes, we should definitely get that into some
standard package) but that should also be no problem to wipe.

SMLoader is most probably as easily removed. The other packages that
SqueakMap loads like DVS etc I haven't looked at more closely.

But I agree - SqueakMap and closely connected friends like DVS and
SARInstaller should have a removal script because then you can build
images by bootstrapping SM, install a couple of packages and then throw
out SqueakMap again.

I will take a look at it.

regards, Göran