ReadWriteStream issues

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon May 5 14:12:35 UTC 2003

Hi Anthony!

First of all - these particular classes make me itch badly. :-) I have
always thought the inheritance here looks really weird. However, if you
try your code with ReadStream instead it works.

I actually even hear a small bell ringing somewhere back in my head that
I posted about this issue... or at least something related a loooong way
back. I think I did anyway, but it was so long ago I couldn't find any
reference to it.

I can't remember exactly but I think it was something about the
inherited class side #on: method that evidently got "inherited" a bit by
mistake. I think the Stream and Collection hierarchy are full of those
"mistakenly" inherited little methods.

Hmmm, Cees - we do have full archives for the list from now on - don't
we? I really think it would be nice to have for the future.

regards, Göran