Convincing a harvester (was on SqF list)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue May 6 02:56:32 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
	> > > * TrueType text style
	> [It provides support for beautiful fonts, as an example, you can see
	> Diegos look enhancements]
	I don't think it should go into the image. Anyone differs?

Whyever not?  When you get past all the newbie problems,
"how do I get decent fonts" has to be one of the most Frequently Asked
Questions.

Given that the fonts that normally come with Squeak do not scale to
take the screen resolution into account, anyone using a 90 dpi monitor
(and I have no others) really REALLY wants a replacement for the Squeak
fonts where "10 point" really means "10 point" and not 8 point.

Even the Accufonts package doesn't remedy that, if I've installed it
correctly.  It seems silly that I should have about 54 fonts on my
system that everything can get at *except* Squeak...

Things like URI and Network support are important, but fonts are something
_everyone_ sees _every time_.