Magma question or bug

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Tue May 6 05:07:00 UTC 2003

I've created a magma repository from a live domain model (an object with dictionaries that are already full of stuff, pointers flying all over the place).

Then I started MagmaServerConsole and inspected it, as instructed.

When I select statistics in the inspector, I get an error.

When I type 'statistics printString' I get the following walkback.
Any ideas?  -Thanks

VM: Win32 - Squeak3.4 of 1 March 2003 [latest update: #5170]
Image: Squeak3.5 [latest update: #5180]

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
 Receiver: nil
 Arguments and temporary variables:
  aMessage:  a Message with selector: #// and arguments: #(0)
 Receiver's instance variables:
nil

MaStat>>mean
 Receiver: <<error during printing>>
 Arguments and temporary variables:

 Receiver's instance variables:
  current:  0
  min:  nil
  max:  nil
  total:  nil
  count:  0

MaStat>>maPrintAbbreviatedOn:
 Receiver: <<error during printing>>
 Arguments and temporary variables:
  aStream:  a LimitedWriteStream
 Receiver's instance variables:
  current:  0
  min:  nil
  max:  nil
  total:  nil
  count:  0

LimitedWriteStream>>maPrintAbbreviated:
 Receiver: a LimitedWriteStream
 Arguments and temporary variables:
<<error during printing>
 Receiver's instance variables:
  collection:  'a MagmaServerStatistics
 sockets queued: min= max= total= count=0...etc...
  position:  72
  readLimit:  0
  writeLimit:  100
  limit:  50000
  limitBlock:  [] in String class(SequenceableCollection class)>>streamContents:li...etc...

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
MaStat>>mean
MaStat>>maPrintAbbreviatedOn:
LimitedWriteStream>>maPrintAbbreviated:
MagmaServerStatistics>>printOn:
[] in MagmaServerStatistics(Object)>>printStringLimitedTo:
String class(SequenceableCollection class)>>streamContents:limitedTo:
MagmaServerStatistics(Object)>>printStringLimitedTo:
MagmaServerStatistics(Object)>>printString
MagmaServerConsole>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
BlockContext>>on:do:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt:
TextMorphEditor(Controller)>>terminateAndInitializeAround:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:
TextMorphEditor>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>readKeyboard
TextMorphEditor>>readKeyboard
[] in TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleKeystroke:
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendKeyboardEvent: