Timezones

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Tue May 6 05:12:56 UTC 2003

I have to agree - this would be great.  I've been using the ANSI change
set (by itself I haven't loaded any other modules)

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 09:30  PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

>> How small is the minimal subset of ANSI (4) that would make you happy?

I think minimally you need DateAndTime, Duration, RuleDate,
RuleIndexDate, and RuleSelectionCodeDate.
I don't know if they rely on any of the other changed methods in the
Ansi compatibility package.  I am kind of curious why something core
like Ansi compatibility is being left out as an optional package though.

>> How much code uses the existing time,

A lot - nearly 300 references.  But I'm not advocating removal - Time
as it is now represents time of day - a useful concept in itself that
the ansi classes don't cover.