A pretty cool box (literally)...

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue May 6 07:02:00 UTC 2003

to which cgreuter at csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Chris Reuter) replied...
>As I've already mentioned in a previous post, there's something of a
>subculture forming around the mini-ITX form factor.  Take a look at
>
>	http://www.mini-itx.com
>
>for a survey of available parts and some really, um, unconventional
>custom projects.

Yes, Chris -- sorry I didn't refer to your message.  My favorite of these is the Commodore 64 with a 933MHz processor in it.  What a hoot!

> It's not to hard to assemble an ideal[1] SqueakBox.
>[1] Aside from the x86-based CPU, of course.

So it appears.

I have a feeling that we're coming up on a very interesting time:  an increasingly closed Wintel standard, and increasingly easy-to-build (and compete with) open alternatives like these boards with Linux, Squeak, etc.