[BUG][FIX]Browser explain of pooldicts fails

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue May 6 23:21:36 UTC 2003

Trying to 'explain' a pool dictionary in the class definition view of a Browser
didn't work. Not because the explain code can't do it but because it
kept getting diverted to where it tries to find the string as a
temporary variable of the selected method. Obviously one can't have much
success in finding the temporaries in a class definition.

The problem appears to be in the Browser>selectedMessageName code where
#Definition or #Comment could be returned - thus confusing the explain
code. So far as I can tell the only deliberate user of this was Browser>
annotation which actually didn't need to use it. So I removed it and now
explaining pooldicts works and nothing seems to have broken.

However, #Definition etc are deeply intertwingled with the browser
annotation stuff and although I haven't found anything to fail it may be
that a quite different answer is required. Try

Smalltalk browseAllCallsOn: #Definition

to see some of the uses and consider how MessageSet>isPseudoSelector: is
used.

Suggestions from somebody that actually knows WTF is supposed to be
going on would be helpful

tim
Spelling checkers at maximum!  Fire!