Convincing a harvester (was on SqF list)

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Tue May 6 23:40:20 UTC 2003

At 01:28 AM 07/05/2003 +0200, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > Users of VisualWorks on unix machines with a couple of thousand
> > installed fonts can probably provide plenty of horror stories
> > about the problems that arise :-)
>
>Sure thing. But VW never had a set of "builtin" fonts, never had a way of
>dealing with fonts for itself, which required people to find "some ways" of
>getting true cross-platform appearance. Isn't it nice to have control over
>your destiny ;-)

And most of those problems are of our own making anyway.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The quoting of an aphorism, like the angry barking of a dog or the smell
of overcooked broccoli, rarely indicates that something helpful is about to
happen" -- Lemony Snicket.