Timezones

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed May 7 05:44:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Brent Pinkney wrote:

> Agreed - the current ANSI package is to monolithic for my liking -
> perhaps separate SM packages for each ANSI protocol instead ?

Does anyone have a good idea of how much existing code the ANSI package
breaks?  It looks like it modifies very few existing methods, so I'd be
surprised if it broke much.  In which case, what's the argument for not
just adding it to the update stream?  Seeing as how we're in alpha and
all.  Somehow the idea of independently loadable bits and pieces of
standards compliance doesn't make any sense to me - either we make the
entire image compliant, and try to keep it that way, or there's no point.

And Brent, I assume your extended Time support would work with any
ANSI-compliant DateAndTime implementation, including Alain's?

Avi