Timezones

Brent Pinkney pinkney_b at aircom.co.za
Wed May 7 06:03:25 UTC 2003

>And Brent, I assume your extended Time support would work with any
>ANSI-compliant DateAndTime implementation, including Alain's?

Avi,

My DateAndTime implementation uses Julian day number as I have already implemented for the current Date class.

Believe me, this is the preferred method for manipulating dates. The whole dd/mm/yyyy stuff is just for display and confused the issues.

Have a peek at the current Date class.

I do not know what Alian's uses, but the reast of my package depends on some extension to the DateAndTime class.

Just thinking aloud, my preferred approach is to load the whole ANSI package, and test it.
Then load my package, replacing Alain's DateAndTime implementation and test it.

Hopefully my implementation is substitutable.

I will try to find the time to do this today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Brent