fix-finder tool (was Re: Convincing a harvester (was on SqF

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed May 7 19:34:16 UTC 2003

<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:

> Let's talk about wich tools we need to make the process smooth. I offer to
> program it.
Good man!

> Initial set of features:
> - publish a changeset to the "repository"
I think this is partially covered already; by mailing a changeset to the
list the sqfixes filter already grabs it and 'all we need' is a way to
treat the results as a convenient repository. I'd claim that the
>current< format is not too convenient because you get huge lists and
little navigation support to help one find any interesting or relevent
entries. My theory is that we can do better and that possibly using the
FTP access already available would be good. Another possibility that has
just occured to me is that a variation of SM would have some virtues.
Instead of simply installing any change (danger!) it would fetch the
whole bundle of messages and changes associated with a bug/fix/enh.

> - query the changeset from the image
> - upload comments to the repository
> - probably, when some condition fires, publish the .cs on the update-stream
>
> What about that? What more? It's good?
Pretty good sounding to me.

tim

Bother, said Pooh, as his rucksack opened whilst skydiving