Finding senders/receivers of symbols

Torge Husfeldt torge.husfeldt at gmx.de
Thu May 8 12:18:46 UTC 2003

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 6 May 2003 00:12:36 +0100, Paul Chapman <paul at igblan.com> wrote:

> Just a quickie: I'm used to being offered any symbols which occur in a
> method as candidates for selectors when asking for senders or
> implementors.  Squeak doesn't seem to list symbols in the popup menus.
> Am I missing a Preference, or is there some other simple way to add this
> behaviour?
>
> (I'm happy to hack the code myself if I have to. :)
>
> Cheers, Paul

I think this is intended behavior.
The magic seems to be going on in StringHolder>>selectMessageAndEvaluate:
where CompiledMethod>>messages is called.
You could ask for it's literals and then collect: all the symbols contained
in the answer instead.
like:
method literals collect:[:each| each isSymbol]
Note to first file in the little #isSymbol fix that appeared on the list
not too long ago.

HTH,
Torge

P.S.: You should make this a preference, though. Or you could sort the real
message
sends before the symbols and divide the choices by a line.
P.P.S.: I found another peculiarity while chasing this. Look at the choices
you're given
if you hit one of these buttons in CodeHolder>>getSelectorAndSendQuery:to: