Convincing a harvester (was on SqF list)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu May 8 20:35:50 UTC 2003

Joshua and Brent!

I will not bore you with quoting etc. I agree we could try to revise the
mission statement. I also proposed in my IMPORTANT post that we should
sit down and try to do that.

But please don't put too much weight on this - you are effectively
turning us into a leadership instead of Guides if you insist on us to
try to "pick a side" in all this. Do you think I am kidding? Nope.

For example, in those descriptions - does it say ANYTHING about building
web apps? Nope. So should we simply ignore all those doing that work
today in Squeak? Should we shut those Squeakers out of the "vision"? I
think it is a dangerous path.

It wasn't dangerous in the past because then SqC was simply in charge -
nothing to argue about. But now we are forming our *own* community. And
that community contains many more directions than the
"multi-media-personal-computing-environment" direction.

regards, Göran