[Q] MCP vs. Removals - The Conflict

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Fri May 9 08:35:32 UTC 2003

> Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:
>> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>> >
>> > But wait - shouldn't your changes simply be routed to the maintainer
>> > of said packages?
>> > Then they can update their packages and the rest is released on the
>> > update stream.
>>
>> Yes, presumably if you file in the replacement package with DVS, then
>> any changes you make will go to those packages and then you can send
>> diffs of the DVS packages to the maintainers.
>
> Right! If they use DVS of course. But that's true - sounds rather easy.
> As it should be.

I'm not sure how to it'll work.

I see a (big?) problem: What is Morphic? It's not so easy to define wich
parts of the image is Morphic or not.  It's not only a problem of "big-
mess", morphic is an ortogonal concept to a lot of packages.

IMO, it's really difficult to define the borders between Morphic and
TheRest.

Can you give me more details how you think DVS can help here?

Cheers,

Diego