Etoys, Alice and tile programming

Jeffrey T. Read bitwize at snet.net
Sat May 10 03:50:23 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 08:09:28PM -0300, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

> My first experience with tile programming was in the Helix database for
> the Mac (http://www.helixtech.com/1Product/index.html). But it also had
> arrows between tiles, so it felt a little like a dataflow system (such
> as Prograph or Fabrik).

I remember messing around with an Amiga-based tile programming system. After about half an hour of making the voice synth say crude or funny things, I quit the program and never looked at it again. Building anything complex (and even at 15, to me all the interesting stuff was complex) would have tired out my mouse hand in a hurry.

--
Jeff Read <bitwize at snet.net>