Etoys, Alice and tile programming

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat May 10 14:47:20 UTC 2003

Am Samstag, 10.05.03 um 08:41 Uhr schrieb Karl Ramberg:

> Also I usually get into trouble with etoys copy functions (they run
> astray)

Yep, we were bitten by this, too. Nothing helped except killing Squeak,
and then you have to redo everything. Now if the etoys had some kind of
autosave for the current project ... I wonder if that would be possible
in the current framework - saving a project is not exactly the fastest
operation.

OTOH, given enough RAM and HD capacity, one could just memcpy the whole
image and save it. Or even better, interleave that with the garbage
collector! It knows what objects were touched, enabling an incremental
image save. Heck, I could even imagine a journaling object memory, now
how cool would that be? ;-)

-- Bert