[Q] ConflictChecker, any experience?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun May 11 16:58:35 UTC 2003

Yes, it does not detect conflicts due to removed classes right now,
which was previously an uncommon case until we started doing these
removals.  So, I need to add this.  (Or if someone else wants to tinker
with it and add this, that would be great.)  Hmm, I thought it did
check for method removal conflicts, though.

For now, you could check for the class removal conflicts by hand...
Let's see, I guess you could do that by simply trying to file in your
MCP changesets into the current 3.6alpha image, and noting any messages
like "B3DMorph is undeclared" in the transcript.  Although you will
walkback windows too, so I guess this would be somewhat tedious.  I'll
try to work on improving the ConflictChecker soon to handle this stuff.

- Doug Way

(p.s. I'm finally catching up on some other threads now and will reply
to them soon...)