We need an ECP (Error Cleanup Project)

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun May 11 18:25:24 UTC 2003

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 07:34 PM, <diegogomezdeck at consultar.com>
wrote:

> We need a team (in the style of MCP and KCP) to cleanup the error
> handling
> stuff.
>
> That means:
> - Create a healthy Error hierarchy
> - Rename the existing Error with proper names
> - etc
>
> What do you thing?  It's the time to start or we have to wait for
> MCP/KCP
> progress?

I do not understand what you want to say.

For the moment I would concentrate on MCP and KCP to learn from the
practice.
Once this will be done and pushed into the image this will be good. We
should not
make too much changes in parallel at the same time. To avoid multiple
review of the
conflicts.

For me what I would really to see happening is a clean of the
inform:.....
to generate exception that UI clients could catch.