[Q] ConflictChecker, any experience?

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Mon May 12 07:11:59 UTC 2003

Doug,

> I just uploaded a new version of ConflictChecker to SqueakMap which
> will now check for conflicts with classes which have been removed from
> the image.  It's a simple test... unfortunately it won't tell you which
>  update-changeset contained the class removal (as it does with other
> types of conflicts), but it does flag the conflict, at least.

Thank you very much! It works fine and It probes to be useful!

For my current job I don't need to know wich changeset removed the class
but I think ConflictChecker can evolve to detect all the possible conflicts
and inform with as much information it can.  In this moment I propose to
include it in the *core* Image.

> This should make the ConflictChecker more useful for checking conflicts
>  with the recent package removals...

Yes... It found 146 conflicts in the first full-changeset I produced. And
now informs 141 for the ChangesInRemovalsPackages changeset and only 5 for
the ChangeSetForUpdateStream.  The tools is not only valuable for finding
the conflicts but also for checking the work.

> - Doug Way

Cheers,

Diego