SystemDictionary>>imageImports -> XXX>>imageImports

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon May 12 13:49:21 UTC 2003

Hi!

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> We should avoid as much as possible global. also
> I have to remember ImportImage is an instance of Imports, Smalltalk is
> an instance of SystemDictionary....

I agree.

> For Imports I put stuff on the instance side because different
> image/environments could want different
> imports.

Exactly. Ok, then - so we simply stay away from
"Smalltalk/SystemDictionary" solutions and instead rely on the Singleton
pattern like in "Imports default" and "SMSqueakMap default". Right?

Sounds good to me. I always get an uneasy feeling when people have too
much behavior on the class side...

regards, Göran