Installing Comanche 6.1

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Mon May 12 15:33:21 UTC 2003

Larry White wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to install Comanche 6.1 on Squeak 3.5 and have run
> into some difficulty with prerequisites.  I have two questions:
> (1) Is there a document describing install procedures and
> (2) if there isn't, can somebody help with the install?
>
> I've installed the SARInstaller and the DynamicBindings SAR. However
> when I try to install KomHttpServer-6.1.SAR I get a walkback for
> KomPackageUrl - 'My subclass should have overridden my method.'.  If I
> try to first install the KomPackaging-1.0.sar, I get a walkback
> because a class called PackageManager isn't in the image.  If I try to
> bypass the SARInstaller and filein the .st file directly, I get a
> walkback because the class TimeStamp isn't in the image.
>
> I just need to know what to load, and in what order. Any help would be
> much appreciated.  - larry.

Larry, it sounds like you don't have PackageInfo installed in your
image...which means that you were probably installed DynamicBindings 1.0
(since 1.1 would require PackageInfo as well).  The easiest way to
install KomHttpServer-6.1 is to:

1) Get Squeak 3.5
2) Install SqueakMap (by selecting open->Package Loader from the World menu)
3) then download
http://people.advantive.com/~spair/comanche/httpserver/downloads/KomHttpServer-6.1.sar
4) Install that file using the FileList, selecting it, then clicking
install...that should get you everything you need (all prerequisites
will be loaded)

In the future, I'll probably make it so that you don't have to do step
#2.  Let me know (off list) if you have any trouble with that.

- Stephen