[IMPORTANT] Concrete proposals!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon May 12 17:26:25 UTC 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 03:21 am, Andreas Raab wrote:

> By claiming that all it takes is someone from the computing
> community to "pick up the vision" you are ignoring that there are
> many people out there who need software engineers in order to
> follow the vision. Check out the Squeakland site, its mailing list
> and subscription. Hardly any of the subscribers there will be able
> to build systems which enable them to do the important thing - go
> into the classroom and change an entire generation!

But they may be able to suggest directions to take toward these
systems or inspire others to do so.

I haven't heard too much from that community here -- and I understand
that this list would probably be considered irrelevant or
overwhelming by many of the Squeakland list subscribers.

However, if someone on the Squeakland list has a vision and needs
software engineers to help follow that vision, the Squeak-dev list
would be a great place to recruit people to help.

Do you know of any such visions among the folks Squeakland list that
are stalled because of the lack of programmers?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com