A lurkers ravings (was RE: Smalltalk beep -> XXX beep?)

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue May 13 10:30:55 UTC 2003

Hi russel

the point of andreas was that the beep primitive has nothing to do with
sound,
this is just one way to help debugging and provide feedback so basic
beep should be in Object.
Now when the sound system is loaded then beep use a more advanced way
of producing sound.

And AbstractSound should not be in the minimal kernel.

Stef