[Q] Using Connectors in browser plugin

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue May 13 13:52:33 UTC 2003

Rudi Angela wrote:

> We want to experiment with using Squeak (in the browser) as a way of
> doing online documentation. One of the promising tools we want to use is
> Ned's Connectors package. As this does not come included in the plugin
> image, how do I get it into the plugin image? Or are there other ways of
> dealing with this general issue?

You can basically use any image as the plugin image. Just rename the
image SqueakPlugin.image and replace the original plugin image with it.
This complicates your setup procedure, as you would first need to
install the regular plugin and then do this extra step. Or build a
custom installer which includes the modified image.

You can also load the connectors package by loading a project into the
image, Ned can tell you how to do this. The plugin image can not be
saved though (the sandbox get's activatd after you load a project), so
you would need to do this step every time.

Michael