[BUG] keystrokes doesn't work properly in PasteUp World (3.2 and 3.4)

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu May 15 18:50:54 UTC 2003

Anthony,

It turns out that you must have the #menuKeyboardControl preference
set to true for this trick to work.

The default "outOfTheBox" theme has #menuKeyboardControl set to
false.  But if you simply toggle that preference on, you'll be able
to issue desktop-command-keys to the desktop menu.

Sorry for my misleading earlier claim that you could "always" trigger
desktop-command-keys by first hitting shift-esc.  You can always *get
the desktop menu* by hitting shift-esc, but you must have
#menuKeyboardControl set to true if you want to speak to that menu
from the keyboard.

Cheers,

   -- Scott

PS:  The fix I sent earlier for the Refactoring Browser is still a
legitimate fix -- without it, e.g., you'll never get cmd-shift-L to
work as a desktop command key in a system with the RB loaded -- but
it turns out to be unrelated to the primary issue here.