Changing the text/font color in a PluggableListMorph

Chris Becker chbecker at neo.rr.com
Fri May 16 22:47:38 UTC 2003

> From: Ned Konz
> PluggableListMorph>>list: constructs the StringMorphs.
>
> I've just posted a CS that adds textColor: and textHighlightColor: to
> PLMs.

Nice and simple. I like it.

I took a stab at adding the color to the pluggable parameters of
PluggableListMorph and managed to get it working. I also changed similar
code in PluggableMultiColumnListMorph (since it's a PLM subclass) so it
would use the new pluggable parameter (createMorphicListsFrom &
unhighlightSelection).

I wasn't sure if making it pluggable was the most desirable approach,
and I didn't implement a way to change the highlight color, so I may
give your version a whirl.

I noticed that you use setProperty: and valueOfProperty: #textColor. Do
all morphs use this for properties? What advantage does this have over
instance variables?

Chris