FreeBSD Squeak installation problem: ELF binary type "0" not known.

chris moline reddaemon at shaw.ca
Sat May 17 01:59:34 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 18:46, Derek Brans wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the Squeak VM from
> Squeak-3.4-1.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz.  I had to point INSTALL script
> to the i686-pc-linux-gnu directory

is there a reason you cant use the squeak port in lang/squeak2 or
lang/squeak3?

> when I type "squeak" I get the following error:
> ELF binary type "0" not known.
> Abort

prolly cause its a linux binary. you could also try enabling linux
compatibility and see if that works. enabling linux compatibility should
be described somewhere in the handbook if you dont know how.

sincerly,
chris moline