FreeBSD Squeak installation problem: ELF binary type"0" notknown.

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sat May 17 13:26:14 UTC 2003

Derek Brans wrote:

>>however pkg_add -r squeak does work. it installs 3.2
>>

>It installs 2.7 on my machine.  I wonder why?

Your "ports" collection is out of date.  Use cvsup to update it.

Of course, even if you do that, you still will get an old version (just
not as old as 2.7-- I think you will get 3.2, but I don't remember for
sure).  That's why I just copy over from my RH Linux laptop and run that
on my FreeBSD box.  As I mentioned already in this thread, to do that,
you need to enable Linux compatibility in the FreeBSD kernel.

Nevin