Hello

Dominic Fox dominic.fox1 at ntlworld.com
Sun May 18 15:18:50 UTC 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 12:21 pm, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi dominic
>
> What I learned over time is that Smalltalk is really adapted for people
> that can learn alone
> and are clever because it is uniform. So do not hesitate to ask and
> have fun.

Thanks Stephane.

Smalltalk seems to reward cleverness by making you feel even cleverer. I like
languages that do that ;). But it's also accessible to more than one
approach: I guess that when young children first get hold of it, they often
use it a bit like Logo to begin with, sending messages to some on-screen
avatar and watching what it does in response. It might be a bit advanced
still for my three-year-old son, but I'd like to see if I can make him some
toys in Squeak to play with once he starts getting a bit more confident with
the mouse.

Dominic