XScaled Squeak

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon May 19 15:53:27 UTC 2003

Pablo Lopez <PLopez at temaiken.com.ar> wrote:

> Hello there,
> I'm trying to get faster on my iPAQ HP5455 (Intel Xscale 400Mhz processor)
> with Squeak...
>
> Does anybody got any VM optimized for XScale?
It seems that something fairly bad has afflicted the first release of
XScale/PXA chips. I've heard various theories from cache problems to
poor software tools. Certainly they increased the pipeline length (I
think from 5 to 8?) and it is possible that compiler optimisation would
need to be different to suit that. Personally I suspect it's just Intel
over-complicating everything they touch.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- MONAGE A TROIS - I am three years old