[Q] Morphic strategies

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue May 20 20:08:32 UTC 2003

Hi all,

   My question relates to the ways of laying out groupings of morphs within an
"application". Simplistically I would create a RectangleMorph or
PasteUpMorph, give it a TableLayout (#leftToRight for example) and then add
Morphs with I would intend to be containers for text, buttons etc.... so this
strategy is to use multiply nested Morphs with appropriate Layouts in order
to arrange the elements in the way I want them.

Is the how people do this in Morphic? If so, how would I deal with dynamically
sizing those element? I've see a couple of examples using proportional
layout, but when I start from scratch I can't seem to lay things out as I
wish, it seems that I am missing something fundamental as to the logic.

(I hope I am making sense :)

Brian