[BUG] Re: FileDirectory>>exists

Anthony Adachi adachipro at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 21:07:03 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

>  Hi anthony
>
>  You are right, having tests is important and much
more readable. Lukas
>  knows that because SmallWiki is full of tests :).

Yes, more readable and one is able to prove conceived
notions automatically. Even if the assumptions are
broken we will at least have initiated a point where
to begin a fix (or modification of existing known
behaviour) with real usable test code.

A broken test which makes the correct assumptions
proves that something needs fixing (or implementing)
in a very concrete way and is the first step in Test
First coding.

>  Could you send your tests as changeset plus put
[TEST] (marcus is it
>  correct?) so that marcus
>  collect them?

While I've done filed outs before I haven't figured
out how to do change sets (I'm new to Squeak). It
might take me a little while to respond. I'll submit
the revised version of my test I just recently posted.

>  Every small step is a step in the right direction
:)

I agree completely! Let's start speaking in tests!

Thanks for your reply,

Anthony