[BUG] Error loading ConflictChecker in a 3.6alpha #5235 (May be KCP originated?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed May 21 04:55:42 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 01:47 AM, Doug Way wrote:

> On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 07:39 AM, Germán S. Arduino wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys:
>>
>> I'm trying to help with some tests in MCP project.
>>
>> In this way, I've setted a fresh 3.6alpha 5205 images and loaded all
>> the
>> updates (30, as announced in KCP) and put my image at 5235 level.
>>
>> After that, I've installed SM and the first package that I need to
>> install
>> (ConflictChecker) don't install with the following msg:  error:
>> 'Method
>> Deprecated: Use SystemNavigation>>allClassesImplementing:'
>>
>> May be KCP originated?
>
> Yes, it is a KCP-originated thing.  I will look at it more tomorrow to
> see if I need to update something with the ConflictChecker.  But on
> the surface, it doesn't look like a problem with the > ConflictChecker...

Okay, this was just a bug with the KCP stuff where we happened to stop,
at KCP57.  Some things with SystemNavigation still needed to be cleaned
up... the problem in this case was that "FileList initialize" didn't
work.  But if you install KCP changesets 60, 61 and 62 from the KCP
swiki page, this problem will be fixed.  I'll be adding these three to
the update stream shortly.

See http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3083

- Doug Way