Squeak as Linux and other threads

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Wed May 21 13:33:43 UTC 2003

After re-thinking the idea with the build number, I guess it is better
to have SqueakMap just checking if versionNumber conforms to some
standard format as in n.xy ( e.g. 1.01 ).

This way the author can decide to indicate that the package is
immature ( e.g. 0.01 ) and it is possible to differentiate for us
humans between major versions and it is easier to describe a special
prerequisite demand ( e.g. major version >= 1 but < 3 ).

It is also possible to 'insert' a historic version later ( actual is
1.2, but I want to have for some reason 1.11 available ).