Image compatibility with older VM's

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed May 21 15:17:59 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 07:22 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Foo. Forgot to mention removing any mention of PseudoTTYPlugin from the
> src/vm/sqNAmedPrims.h file as well. There will only be any such mentions
> if the src tree was made with PTTYP as internal plugin.
>
> tim

I mentioned earlier the solution I used to successfully compile the 3.4 VM on
FreeBSD, so now I'll go into more detail for Derek.... ;)

In the FreeBSD ports collection, there is a file (a patch):
/usr/ports/lang/squeak3/files/patch-openpty-h

It's a small file, doesn't patch too much, so is easy to apply by hand. I
grabbed the Squeak-3.4-1.src.tar.gz and Squeak-3.sources.tar.gz, and untarred
them. In the Squeak-3.4-1/ directory that is created I applied the patch file
to the platforms/unix/plugins/PseudoTTYPlugin/openpty.h in the source
distribution.

Then I followed the directions to build the distribution and installed it. It
works wonderfully.

Brian