[TEST] FileDirectoryTests

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Wed May 21 18:13:51 UTC 2003

At 6:28 PM +0200 5/21/03, Marcus Denker wrote:
>Yes, this is correct. But this needs to be a gzip-compressed
>changeset, this is much easier to work with... just cut'n
>pasting the content of the .cs file into the mail-programm
>is not enough: This does not preserve line-ending-encoding
>and garbles the code by nicely formating it... undoing those
>changes is really too much work.

I have certainly suffered from "helpful" mail programs changing  the
line-end convention of .cs files.  So switching to .cs.gz files
exclusively has some appeal.

(1)  Is there a way to file out a changeset as a .cs.gz file?
fileout  in the Changeset pane of a Change sorter just emits a .cs
file.

(2)  Is there a way to file in a .cs.gz file directly?  A filelist
browser gives me the option to view the file as decompressed via a
button (shouldn't this be the default?)  or to install in new
changeset (through the more... menu), which then asks me if I want to
decompress the file.  If compressed changesets are to become the
norm, I would expect a button to install the compressed changeset as
easily the uncompressed one.

Yes, I know, I should just do these changes and submit them.  But I'm
guessing that the use of compressed changsets is wide enough that
someone has done this already ...

	Andrew