[Q] Compiler evaluate: question

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed May 21 18:37:59 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 11:11 am, Vladimir Janousek wrote:
> Unfortunately it does not help for example in this case:
>
>     [ Compiler evaluate: 1 asCharacter asString ] ifError: []
>
> SyntaxError window apeaers.
>
> (Since the string is a result of decryption in my case, even such
> situations could be possible.)

Make  a subclass of StringHolder that understands #notify:at:in:
and do this:

Compiler evaluate: 1 asCharacter asString notifying: myNewStringHolder
logged: false

Or just accept that when it tries to notify you, there will be an
error:

[ Compiler evaluate: 1 asCharacter asString notifying: 'xxx' logged:
false ] ifError: []

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com