[MCP]Worlds-in-Worlds and MCP

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu May 22 02:37:53 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 07:13 pm, Jason Varner wrote:

> I had noticed that with active worlds, but I doubt it's the problem
> with my code snippet, because I'm still using a stock PasteUpMorph
> with no transformations. The morph is acting more as if it can't
> get mouse events (probably because either the surrounding world or
> the SystemWindow is eating them). It certainly could be a factor,
> though - thanks for suggesting it.

I think you're right about the event handling being broken. Though you
have a PasteUpMorph with a WorldState, I don't think it's running. I
believe that's one of the things that the WiW windows do. If it were
running, you'd have an active Hand, you'd have an event loop, and
events would be dispatched to the world. So instead the outer World
is doing the event dispatching, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's
just skipping the inner world in this case.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com