Running Mac Squeak on Darwin?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu May 22 16:44:29 UTC 2003

You can run Ian's unix vm as a darwin based VM using X-1 (I think).
You can NOT run the squeak mac vm because it's Carbon based and that is
not supported
You can NOT run the squeak cocoa mac vm because it's Cocoa based and
that is not supported.

There are some mac emulators around, but I'm not sure they would give
you a proper testing environment.
Also could use VNC to do testing remotely via some dedicated squeak
users mac (I'd guess).

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 08:26  AM, Stephen Pair wrote
> Is it possible to replicate a Mac Squeak environment without spending
> any money on Mac hardware or software?  That's my goal...I've got lots
> of old PC hardware lying around and don't want to spend any dollars on
> Mac hardware, but, I would like to have a Mac Squeak environment for
> testing purposes.  Specifically, could I install Darwin on Intel
> hardware and run the Squeak Mac VM?  Would this environment allow me
> to see behavior that is peculiar to the Mac VM for the purposes of
> testing?
>
> - Stephen

===