copy yourself ?

Sean Charles bibbers at onetel.net.uk
Thu May 22 22:49:03 UTC 2003

> As to your suggestion that "wouldn't it be more rational to have objects
> capable of constructing copies of objects?", that seems to me to be an
> orthogonal question to whether or not the receiver can or should be able
> to create a valid copy of itself.  Both concepts could both be true
> simultaneously, both be false simultaneously, or one true and the other
> false, independently.

I quit! It's 10:47 pm here and I just read the O-word (orthoganal) and I
am afraid I shall have to go sleepy byes for now. I can't wait to see what
my inbox has in eight hours time. (I wish, number 1 son is teething, see
you in half an hour!)

Happy hacking and stay loose!

Sean Charles.

PS: Godamn I love this list,
Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!