the monopoly of classes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu May 22 23:23:58 UTC 2003

> What you're describing sounds somewhat similar to what Ruby
> does - IIRC, there's a Kernel mixin whose methods are available
> from any object, but which are also available in the global
> scope.

Yes, Ruby has been one of the inspirations for it. BTW, not being a Ruby
hacker is there an easy way to find out about _all_ the global functions in
a Ruby environment? I'd be interested in various things including how many
"global functions" there are (compared to what we see in class Object),
what's covered there and how often people "feel the need" to extend the
global environment.

Cheers,
  - Andreas