is squeak really object oriented ?

jan ziak ziakjan at host.sk
Thu May 22 23:59:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 14:44:20 -0700, Nevin Pratt wrote
> jan ziak wrote:
>
> > hi. I've got a strange question: is squeak really an object oriented
> > system or it only claims it is? the point of the question is that
> > instead of working with objects, i work mostly with text.
> >

> Why is my car an object?  Or my house?  After all, when working with
> them, I work mostly with atoms.

as i said in some other reaction in this thread: object is, by definition,
everything which is recognizable by us. your car is an object because the
concepts we recognize we call objects. similarily for house and atoms.

in fact i must say i do not understand why do you wonder that you are capable
of recognizing several types of objects (car, house, atoms, ...).

> > the objects are in fact only in my head,
> >

> For everything that you perceive, that perception is in fact only in
> your head, as it is not possible for anybody to differentiate true
> reality from their own perception of that same reality.

and it is not possible for anybody to determine whether the above paragraph
you have written is true or false....