is squeak really object oriented ?

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Fri May 23 07:29:02 UTC 2003

Hi Jorge,

> Hi.
>
> I think you always need a way to refer to objects, as Sean Charles said
> the two dimensional representation on the screen is no better than a
> textual representation is just another form of representation.

I don't agree. There are better (or more convenient) ways to represent
things...

Simple (aka stupid) examples:

Don't you think that stereo-audio is (in most cases) "better" than
monoaural audio?

Don't you thing that current state-of-the-art 3d games are better
representations of, for example, Monters?

In our business (OO paradigm) we try to simulate the univers (or a part of
it).  Every representation that make the objects more "real" will produce a
big impact.

Cheers,

Diego