is squeak really object oriented ?

jan ziak ziakjan at host.sk
Fri May 23 09:10:20 UTC 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 21:16:19 -0500 (CDT), Aaron J Reichow wrote
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Jon Hylands wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should take up woodworking then...
>
> Haha, indeed!
>
> It's a good thing everyone in the world doesn't have the same skewed
> outlook as Jan- or else we'd be doing almost nothing other than working
> with spoken language and text. After all, that is how we communicate
> with the majority of our systems- spoken language with people and other
> animals, and text with most of our computers.  I may be a
> psychiatrist who saves lives all the time- but I'm not working with
> people, their minds, and their lives, I'm just talking and hearing
> other words which incidentally are being talked at the same time.
>
> Regards,
> Aaron
>
>   Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::
> http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/  "if i don't stay true to live and
> hate, how do i differentiate              between chasing cream and
> chasing dreams"  :: atmosphere

saying words is not the only one way of communication between people. take
for example the "language of the body" - all the movements you make are an
information for the one who is looking at you. and, of course, i am convinced
that there is some transmission of information between people which we are
not conscious of but which infuences us...