is squeak really object oriented ?

jan ziak ziakjan at host.sk
Fri May 23 10:52:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:04:01 +0000, Sean Charles wrote

> Go and talk to a blind person who visits art galleries. Then tell me
> again that pictures cannot be represented as text, albeit in braille.

i think you will agree with me that the overall feeling of visual perception
of an object is different from the perception arising from touching that
object. so there is no guarantee that the blind "sees" the same picture as i
see. for example, he could have find details in the picture which i am unable
to see with my vision. and from the other side: i can see details which he
cannot grasp by touching them.

do you remember the analogy where several blind people touch the same
elephant and everyone of them describes the elephant as being something
completely different?